2017 Mottiar Chardonnay
Fresh, fruity aromas arouse thoughts of pear, lime zest and a trace of flint. The texture is lively and bright. Flavours infer golden delicious apple, pear and citrus.
Hand harvested at winemaker Shiraz Mottiar’s home vineyard on October 8th as grape sugars averaged 20.8° Brix.
After wild yeast fermentation in French oak, the wine underwent 80% malolactic conversion, then aged in barrel for 8 months; 80% of the wine aged 8 months in older French oak barrels. The other 20% aged one year in new French oak.
Quantity bottled was 63 cases.
At the time of bottling, alcohol measured 12.0%, residual sugar 0 grams per litre, titratable acidity 6.0 grams per litre and pH 3.23.
Dry: 0 g residual sugar
Vegan friendly. Certified Sustainable.
Serve near 10° C with grilled wild halibut or other white fish in bacon-infused butter sauce.