We are delighted to offer shipping year-round, however, our Canadian winters do pose challenges! If your package must travel through extreme temperatures, we will hold shipments so we can best ensure its safe arrival - delays can be expected. We will be in touch via email to keep you up to date on the status of your order. If you have any questions, please reach out to us. Learn more...

2018 Courtney Gamay

Regular price $71.95 Sale

94 points, Vic Harradine, WineCurrent.com
The TOP Gamay in Canada - Guide to Canada's Best Wines 2020
92 points, WineAlign.com
93 points
, WinesInNiagara.com, Rick Vansickle  "...One of the finest Gamays I’ve tasted in the last 12 months..."
4 / 5 stars, Michael Pinkus, TheWineGuy

Winemaker's Notes:

A joyful nose of ripe Bing cherry, plum and other dark fruits with a nutty undertone.  Tasting finds this wine supple and fruity, with flavours of cherry, strawberry and blackberry with hints of peppercorn and oak-vanilla. 

Hand-picked in our Estate Vineyard’s Courtney Block on October 9th as grape sugars averaged 23.2° Brix.

Primary fermentation was accomplished in a custom-built limestone concrete tank, with 10% of the fruit fermenting in whole clusters.  The larger share (70%) of the wine was transferred to neutral oak barriques to complete malo-lactic fermentation and age for 16 months.  The other 30% aged 10 months in new barrels and a further 6 months in older oak. 

In February 2020, we filled 251 cases of 750 ml bottles and 19 cases of 1.5L magnums.  Enjoy now to 2026 (potentially longer in magnums).

At the time of bottling Alcohol measured 13%; Residual Sugar: 2 grams per Litre; Titratable Acidity: 6.6 grams per litre pH: 3.7

Dry: 2 g residual sugar

Vegan friendly.           

                           Ontario Certified Sustainable Winemaking

Food Companions:
Serve near 14° C with steak tartar, a classic charcuterie plate or pork roast with roasted potatoes.

94 points, Vic Harradine, WineCurrent.com
Dark cherry/berry fruit melds with hazelnut and mixed spice aromas on the nose. It blankets the palate with an elegant, flavourful stream of delectable bramble berry, black cherry, piquant spice and plenty of pizzazz and complexity. It finishes lengthy with replays as the aftertaste layers on soft, ripe tannin and more ripe fruit. Without a doubt, the best gamay I’ve tasted. You can enjoy this on its own or pour with smoked duck breasts or deli platter.

93 points — WinesInNiagara.com, Rick Vansickle
One of the finest Gamays I’ve tasted in the last 12 months. Primary fermentation took place in a custom-built limestone concrete tank, with 10% of the fruit fermented in whole clusters. 70% of the wine was transferred to neutral oak barrels and aged for 16 months. The rest was aged for 10 months in new oak with a further 6 months in neutral oak. Malivoire takes its Gamay seriously! It has a highly complex nose of black cherries, underbrush, wild raspberries, plums, pinch of spice and savoury herbs. It’s simply gorgeous on the palate with fresh crushed red berries, underlying earthy/loamy notes, dark plums, spice, some tannic structure, length and a tangy finish. A Gamay that will withstand some cellaring to see how it develops. Like I said, wow!

4 / 5 stars, Michael Pinkus, TheWineGuy
Another successful vintage of Malivoire's single vineyard signature Gamay is in bottle ... Structured and delicious this strawberries, raspberry and white pepper laden wine also shows notes of violet and even a cherry-bubblegum middle that is quite welcome as the acidity digs in and balances the entire show.