Breezily scented of apple, lemon, pear and honeyed toast. A mouthful is zesty with a creamy mid-palate. Flavours remind of tree fruits, honeydew melon, lime and vanilla.
Grapes were hand-picked from our Moira and Mottiar sites on September 18th at average 21.5° brix.
After whole-cluster pressing, 60% of the juice finished primary fermentation in stainless steel. The remaining 40% was drained to neutral French oak puncheons for both primary and partial malo-lactic fermentation. After nine months on the lees, the wine was blended, and 305 cases were bottled in July 2019.
At the time of bottling, alcohol measured 12.5%, residual sugar 1 grams per litre, titratable acidity 6.5 grams per litre and pH 3.3.
This vintage will drink well through 2022.
Food Companions: Try with roasted chicken, turkey or pork or baked fish. Serve near 10° C