The nose is a fruit burst of blueberry, strawberry and cherry compote. A taste senses a bright and crunchy texture, and flavours of tart cherry, raspberry, cranberry, savoury herbs and lingering white pepper.
Made of grapes from our winery Estate site, harvested 24th to 28th of September at average 21.6° Brix, and our Frost Road vineyard, harvested October 11th at 20.8° Brix.
The newly-harvested grapes were divided into three portions. The largest, 58%, fermented in concrete. The remainder were dispersed to stainless steel tanks and oak cuves. A small 10% portion was reserved for whole-cluster fermentation in steel and added to the whole. After primary and malo-lactic fermentation, 83% of the wine aged in neutral barrels for four months and the other 17% in tank.
At the time of bottling in April 2019, alcohol measured 12%, residual sugar: 2 grams per litre titratable acidity: 6.1 grams per litre and pH: 3.4
Serve near 14°C with roast turkey, grilled salmon, charcuterie or gourmet pizza with arugula and goat cheese.