2020 Pinot Gris INSIDERS

This Collection of products is exclusively reserved for active members of the Insiders at Malivoire wine club.

If you are not a member and are interested in becoming one of our Insiders, visit this page and sign up today!

Are you already an INSIDER? LOGIN HERE

93 points, Vic Harradine, Winecurrent.com

Winemaker's Notes:

Tingles the nose and mouth with apple and pineapple.  Scented also of white peach and honeysuckle, with additional flavours of pink grapefruit and lime.

The texture is mouth-filling and sprightly, leaving a clean, bright finish.

Picked by hand September 14th to 17th from mature vines of the Malivoire Estate Vineyard, as grape sugars averaged 20° Brix.

After The larger share (87%) of the grapes were crushed, destemmed and sent directly to press.  The remaining 13% was crushed and skin-soaked for 30 hours before pressing.  Cool primary fermentation followed in stainless steel and after five months to clarify, the finished wine was bottled in December 2020.

At the time of bottling alcohol was measured at 12%, residual sugar at 1 gram per litre, titratable acidity 7.5 grams per litre and pH at 3.26.

Dry: 1 g/L residual sugar

Vegan friendly.           Certified Sustainable.

                           Ontario Certified Sustainable Winemaking

Food Companions:

Serve near 8° C with Classic Masal Dosa, Dim Sum, Bánh mi, Belgian Style Frites or fish and chips .

One of our Insiders wine club members has a recommendation..."Had it with some chicken cutlets (Italian style with herbs/parmigiana/breadcrumbs) cooked in olive oil.  It was really a very good match.", Nov 2021.

93 Points - Vic Harradine, winecurrent.com
"Aromas of floral notes, piquant spice and notions of apple, pear and honeydew melon abound on the nose of this aromatic and flavourful gem.”

Customer Reviews

Based on 3 reviews Write a review