2016 Guilty Men Red

2016 Guilty Men Red

  • Sold Out! - Single
  • Sold Out! - 12 bottle case

Winemaker's Notes:

Composition: Merlot 55 %, gamay 20 %, cabernet sauvignon 15 % and cabernet franc 10 %.  All varieties were taken as grape sugars reached 21.9 ° Brix.

On the nose, cranberry, strawberry compote, menthol, eucalyptus and woodlot.
Easy-going but firm on the palate, its flavours display raspberry, blueberry, sassafras and black pepper.

After primary and malo-lactic fermentation in stainless steel, 63 % of the wine remained in tank while the remaining 37 % aged for nine months in barrel (94 % French, 6 % American oak). Bottled in July 2017.

At the time of bottling, alcohol was measured at 12.5%; residual sugar at 9 grams per litre; titratable acidity at 6.5 grams per litre and pH at 3.6.

Food Companions:

Try with pork souvlaki, a gourmet burger or traditional deep-dish pizza.