We offer shipping year-round, however weather can pose challenges. Delay shipping may be necessary. Learn more...

2021 Gamay 'Concrete'

This Collection of products is exclusively reserved for active members of the Insiders at Malivoire wine club.

If you are not a member and are interested in becoming one of our Insiders, visit this page and sign up today!

Are you already an INSIDER? LOGIN HERE

Limited quantities available for Insiders Only wine cub members
NWA Gold Medal 2022

Gold Medal NWAC 2022
92 Points, John Szabo MS  
91 points, Elsa MacDonald MW 

Winemaker's Notes:

This artful, site-specific gamay interpretation introduces itself with a wisp of violets.  Additional tones of cherry, strawberry, cranberry and Turkish Delight are announced, with a steely undertone as the nose unfolds. Red berry and confectionery characters extend to the palate, enlivened by sassy acidity.

Robustly-ripe grape clusters (sugar average 22.4° Brix) were hand-picked on the 8th of October from the north gamay block of the Malivoire Estate Vineyard.

After sorting, the larger (78%) share of the newly harvested grapes was destemmed, as the remaining 22 % was reserved in whole clusters. The fruit was first layered into a concrete tank. After primary fermentation, the wine was racked to mature (9-to-13-year-old) 300-Litre barrels. Having settled and aged for five-and-a-half months, the wine filled
88 cases in June 2022.

Enjoy now to 2026.

At the time of bottling, alcohol measured 12%, residual sugar: 0 grams per litre titratable acidity:  7.0 grams per litre and pH: 3.30

Dry: 0 g/L residual sugar

Vegan friendly.           

                           Ontario Certified Sustainable Winemaking

Food Companions:

Chill to near 14° C and offer with raclette, mushrooms with brie and bannock, calamari, or roast chicken or turkey.

Gold Medal NWAC 2022

92 Points, John Szabo MS  
Really pretty nose here, fruity, perhaps a low level of brett, or slightly leathery in any case, call it natural, but works nicely in the ensemble. Pure fruit palate, shining, a wash of juiciness and energy. Really like this. Tasted blind at the NWAC awards June 2022.

91 points, Elsa MacDonald MW 
Generous red fruit - red currant and cranberry with a linear acid. Delicious, refreshing, structured and nicely firm. Tasted blind at the National Wine Awards of Canada, June 2022

Customer Reviews

Based on 1 review Write a review