We are proud to be involved with this exciting initiative to celebrate floriculture and food inside a local greenhouse flower farm!
Established in 1978 by Otto and Corine Bulk, Rosa Flora first grew only fresh cut hybrid tea roses. The business has passed from one generation to the next, and their expert team now grows large gerbera, mini gerbera, snapdragons, lisianthus, and stephanotis under millions of square feet of high-tech greenhouses, making them the largest greenhouse cut flower operation in Canada today.
The Petals & Plates – Rosa Flora Dinner and Tour will include:
- A “Reception and Appetizer Hour” where guests will be invited to mingle, sample appetizers, and participate in the various stations that have been set up, including:
- A “Flower Crown and Boutonniere Bar” where guests are taught how to create their very own floral creation
- Live local musicians
- The opportunity to interact with the nights featured florist, Nicholas Smith from Opening Night Flowers
- Access to the tasty sampling stations where guests can hear the story of other local agricultural groups and learn about all that Ontario has to offer
- And much more!
- A tour of the Greenhouse. The hosts of the evening (Arielle, Josh, and Ralph) will lead a guided tour of the facilities. This will be a great opportunity to learn about the industry, flowers in general, and listen to engaging and amazing stories! This will also be the perfect opportunity to ask all the questions you may have! But please, keep in mind that this is a commercial greenhouse, so please always follow the instruction of the tour guides as there are some areas that visitors are not allowed to walk through or touch.
- A four course artisan meal hand crafted by Executive Chef Jan-Willem Stulp, combining floral inspired recipes with locally sourced ingredients to create a feast for your taste buds while the picturesque surroundings, a rustic themed setting in the middle of an in bloom flower greenhouse, will create a feast for your other senses.
- Malivoire wine and local craft beer available for purchase. (the only cost not included in the ticket price for this event is the cash bar)
- A flower-lovers gift bag filled with goodies, including local Ontario grown flowers.