2018 Gamay

Winemaker's Notes:

Cherry, blueberry, cranberry, red licorice with a mossy inference.  Fresh, perky and dry. Red cherry, raspberry, pomegranate and peppery spice on the palate.

Gamay clusters were sourced from Beamsville Bench and Vinemount Ridge sites as grape sugars averaged 20.3° Brix.

Two types of fermentation vessels were used.  The majority of the must fermented and finished malo-lactic conversion in stainless steel, but a small portion was treated inside a concrete tank made from local limestone.  The larger portion, 65%, was aged in neutral oak barrels while the remaining 35% rested in stainless steel.  The wine was bottled in May and June 2019.

At the time of bottling, alcohol was measured at 12%, residual sugar at 5 grams per litre; titratable acidity at 6.4 grams per litre and pH at 3.32.

Vegan friendly.           Certified Sustainable.

                           Ontario Certified Sustainable Winemaking

Food Companions:

Serve near 14° C with grilled sandwiches or charcuterie.

Enjoy now through 2022.