2019 Estate Grown Chardonnay (LCBO Vintages Essential)

89 / 100, Tony Aspler

Winemaker's Notes:

Energetic, fruity aromas offer baked apple, peach, pear, and lime.
This zesty, medium-bodied wine has a creamy mid-palate and tastes of green apple, lime and honeydew melon, leaving a long, tangy aftertaste.

Grapes were picked and sorted by hand, 70% from our Moira, 20% from the winery Estate and 10 % from the Mottiar site as grape sugars reached average 21.7° Brix.  

For pressing, 15% of the fruit was destemmed; the larger share remained in whole clusters.  From the press, 55% of the juice went to neutral French oak barrels for primary and partial malo-lactic fermentation, while the other 45% transferred to stainless steel.  After nine months, the two portions were combined and bottled in August 2020.

Dry: 1 g/L residual sugar

When bottled, alcohol measured 12.5%, residual sugar 1 grams per litre, titratable acidity 7.2 grams per litre and pH 3.28.

Vegan friendly.           Certified Sustainable.

                           Ontario Certified Sustainable Winemaking

Companion Foods:

An excellent companion for a wide variety of foods including with grilled salmon or pork chops.  Serve near 10° C.

Customer Reviews

Based on 1 review Write a review