2019 Rosehall Run Vineyard Pinot Noir
93 points, Peter Rod and Rick Vansickle, WinesInNiagara.com
On June 10th, 2021, winemakers Shiraz Mottiar, Malivoire and Owner/winemaker Dan Sullivan, Rosehall Run, hosted an online event focusing on the wines produced under the topic, The Brothers Project. You are invited to enjoy this event here.
Our Winemaker’s take on Prince Edward County pinot noir offers cherry, black and maraschino, raspberry, blueberry, caramel and spice to the nose. The wine is bright and silky with a refreshing, clean finish and flavours of sour cherry, field berries and vanilla.
Picked from Dan Sullivan’s P-E-C Vineyard on October 20th as grape sugars averaged 21.1° Brix.
After hand-sorting, 70% of the fruit was crushed and destemmed. This, and the other 30% remaining in whole clusters, was layered into a small stainless-steel vat for primary and malolactic fermentation. The wine was gently squeezed from the skins in a basket press and aged for ten months in neutral oak.
Dry: 0 g/L residual sugar
At the time of bottling, July 2020 , the wine was measured at 11.5% alcohol, 0 gram per litre residual sugar, 6.5 grams per litre titratable acidity and 3.35 pH.
Less than 20 cases remainig. Enjoy now to 2025.
Vegan friendly. Certified Sustainable.
Serve near 14° C with lamb navarin, roast chicken, roasted beets, mushroom risotto or crispy duck.
93 points — The rich vein of limestone minerality on the nose was a dead giveaway that this was from The County, a prettier, more floral style with fresh cherries, touch of cassis, forest berries and light spice notes. The palate reveals fresh-picked cherry fruit, brambly ripe raspberries with some tannic structure, rich minerality, toasted vanilla, integrated spices and a silky smooth delivery on a long, finessed finish. Can age this, also, for 5+ years. Peter Rod and Rick Vansickle, WinesInNiagara.com