"This Gamay has a lovely strawberry core with subtle pepper notes, nibbling around the edges and a very cherry and red berry finish. " Michael Pinkus, michaelpinkuswinereview.com
A sniff finds traces of strawberry and other red and candied fruits, alongside floral and herbal nuances. A taste feels fresh and zesty, while flavours recall sour cherry, cranberry and savoury ground pepper.
Grape clusters meeting the Winemaker’s criteria were picked and sorted by hand on the 8th of October as sugars achieved 22.2° Brix.
The larger (67%) share of the newly harvested grapes was crushed and poured into a limestone-concrete tank alternately between layers of the remaining 33% share, which was kept in full clusters. Following primary fermentation, malo-lactic conversion and pressing, the wine aged in neutral French oak barrels.
After six months, 157 cases were bottled in May 2021. Enjoy now to 2023.
At the time of bottling, alcohol measured 12%, residual sugar: 0 grams per litre titratable acidity: 6.8 grams per litre and pH: 3.42
Vegan friendly.Certified Sustainable.
Serve near 14°C with crisp-skinned roasted chicken, Korean pork bulgogi, an Asian rice bowl or grilled haloumi salad with turkey and cherries.
90 points, (Vic Harradine, WineCurrent) Alluring aromas of rose petals, exotic spice, savoury herbs and wild strawberry open the doors to a flood of palate flavours with tangy Montmorency cherry, passionfruit and peppery, piquant spice to the fore. It’s light on its feet with plenty of pizzazz and mouth-watering acidity on the palate finish and aftertaste. Give this a go with pasta in Bolognese sauce or pasta puttanesca.