Sale!
NV_Web_Niagara Peninsula_Chardonnay_shadow

2015 Chardonnay

$17.95

Candied pineapple, pear and coconut on the nose, with mineral traces.

$19.95 $17.95
$215.70
Category:

Winemaker’s Notes:

Candied pineapple, pear and coconut on the nose, with mineral traces.

The mouth sensation is creamy, while tangy and bright. The flavour combines apple pie, clementine and lime with a lingering suggestion of oak-vanilla.

Vinification:

Grapes were hand-picked October 6th from our three prime chardonnay sites: the Moira, Mottiar and Winery Estate vineyards. Grape sugars at harvest averaged 21.6° Brix. The juice after pressing was divided into two portions. The smaller, 44%, fermented and aged in stainless steel. The remaining 56% was barrel-fermented (12.5% new oak) and remained in barrel to age for 15 months.

When bottled in December 2015, alcohol measured 12%, residual sugar 0.3 grams per litre, titratable acidity 6.2 grams per litre and pH 3.27.

Companion Foods:

An excellent companion for a wide variety of food including roast pork tenderloin, pan seared salmon and poultry.

1 review for 2015 Chardonnay

  1. :

    “A richly flavoured, well-rounded chardonnay, this was partly fermented and matured in stainless steel and partly in oak. Medium-bodied, with a sweetly ripe core, it offers up notes of pineapple, butterscotch and toasty oak set against balancing acidity for a dry finish. Pork chops or pork roast would be nice, as would such fleshy fish as salmon, among other things.” 89 points, Beppi Crosariol, Globe & Mail, Sept. 21, 2017

Add a review

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may also like…